Saturday, July 3, 2010

What will next month bring

Well we still have no idea what we will be doing or where we will be going next month but I thought I would update everyone on where we stand. The most recent update is that Sean got a phone call from the Dean of Berkeley letting him know that he has been accepted! Although we were so excited about Georgetown, Berkeley has some benefits. First of all, it is ranked higher then Georgetown. Secondly, if we want to end up on the West coast then Berkeley would definitely set us up to do that where as Georgetown would establish us more to be on the East coast. The good thing about being on the West coast is that we are still driving distance to Sean's family and, although it would be a long one, driving to see my family would still be doable. Sorry Chelsea, it looks like we are passing up Georgetown. We are still waiting to hear back from New York University, Columbia, Harvard and Chicago though.
On my end of things, I have been applying for athletic training positions all over. I was lucky enough to be able to do some interviews while I was in Philadelphia for the Athletic Training Convention and I have received a call back for one in New York. Sean calls it my dream job on steroids. It is working part time in a clinic and full time at a high school. The pay and benefits are super good. They would like me to fly out at the end of the month for an on site interview. Only one problem... Sean hasn't even technically been accepted to any schools in New York. Plus New York? Do we really want to live in New York? I know it sounds exciting and all but it kind of scares me at the same time. I feel like we are trying to make a decision when technically we don't really know what the options are yet. It's so frustrating!
We have turned in our notice for our apartment and I have officially given my two weeks notice at work. Sean just brought home a ton of boxes tonight so we can start packing. It looks like we only have one thing left to figure out. WHERE ARE WE GOING?!?!


Chelsea said...

Noooooooooooooooo! Ok, I understand...a little bit. I was so excited that maybe I would be able to see you next month! For some reason blogger didn't update so I didn't know you wrote a blog! That's a little scary that you don't know where you will be going yet. I wouldn't fly to NY unless you knew you were going to go there. I would hate to live in NY though, personally. Isn't life so crazy? Let me know when you figure things out!

John and Bethany said...

Man, you've been in the NW and we haven't even gotten out there to see you. I'm flying into PDX on Wed. so hopefully we can meet up. I think we will be down in Eugene by Sunday the 18 because my brother and his family just moved down. My number is still the same if you still have it. Hopefully we will see you soon!! Good luck with the decisions.