Monday, February 28, 2011

Valentine's and President's Day

Our Valentine's Day was really not that romantic. I worked until 7:00 and Sean had class until 9:00 so we got some late night sushi and called it good. Sean did have a master plan though. He had been planning a surprise for quite a while and on Valentine's Day I got to find out what it was. He got us tickets for the San Francisco Symphony! So this weekend we went into San Francisco for a wonderful night of culture. Every good night starts out on the BART of course and Sean and I got a good laugh at the advertisement for MACE that we sat beside. Before the concert we went to the Cheese Cake Factory. We were just introduced the Cheese Cake Factory by some friends and I don't know what took us so long to discover this place. It is amazing! May I recommend the White Chocolate Carmel Macadamia Nut Cheese Cake. SO GOOD! Once we were good and stuffed we made our way over to the concert hall. The Symphony and the choir preformed Mozart's Requiem which was wonderful. Sean made sure I watched the movie Amadeus before we went so I would fully appreciate it. My husband is so culturally astute. :) Here is a picture of us with our tickets and the program. Not the best picture, but you get the idea.

On President's Day, I got a different sort of surprise. Sean had the day off school, which I was definitely jealous about. I got home to be greeted by our very excited puppy and this...
Me: Is their yellow on Bella's head?
Sean: Bella did it.
Me: You drew on her head?!?
Sean: She wanted to say hi!
Me: You wrote hi on her head?!?
Sean: Bella did it.

Yes, this is what happens when Sean get's a day off school. He may be culturally astute but there sure is that kid inside that keeps me on my toes. I love it!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Poor Bella! Sean - shave your face - you can not be considered cultured with a scrubby face!! Yay for date nights...I remember going on a date once upon a time...like two years ago before we had a kid, haha.