Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'm an Author!

A few weeks ago my mother-in-law called me with exciting news. The article that I had sent in over a year ago to the New Era had been published! I was so excited! I almost feel like a professional author. I even got paid for it! I feel like I now want to start writing more. I have not seen the magazine yet but from what I heard it's a 3 page long articles with illustrations. Apparently the girl doesn't look very much like me and the truck was really blue, not red.

I used this story in a talk in our ward in Eugene. Afterwords a friend encouraged me to send it into the Ensign. The Ensign sent me back a letter saying that they had forwarded it to the New Era because they felt like it was more applicable for a younger audience. I never imagined that it would actually get published so I don't feel like it is written very well but hopefully the spirit of the story gets through :) If you would like to read it click here.

3 comments:

Miriam said...

I read it a few days ago and was so proud of you! I love to hear this story over and over again.

Chelsea said...

I went right over to Rhet's mom's house to read it. I thought they should have painted a goat riding in the back of the truck. Just messin. But they could have at least included a Canadian goose...or a cowboy hat on the dash board! Has anyone reminded you lately that you are going to be a MOM!! AHHH!! Still bummed that you won't be near me so our kids can grow up together. You should do something about that, don't you miss it here?

Julianne said...

I love that story. You truly are a great writer and a great example of a faithful woman. Awesome job!