Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Swine Flu or not Swine Flu...

That is the question. So I have been super sick the past few days. Sean has decided that I have swine flu. Who knows, maybe I do. Here are my symptoms:

1. Fatigue - I have NO energy. All I do is lay on the couch or bed all day barely moving. Going up or down the stairs is enough to completely wind me and make my heart pump so hard that it feels like it is going to pump out of my chest.

2. Body aches - this is probably one reason I don't want to move. Even moving my wrist is painful. Sitting on a chair is like pushing on one big bruise. No fun.

3. Loss of appetite - It's a good thing Sean is home to make me eat because I probably wouldn't if he wasn't here.

4. Temperature - I am always running a low grade temperature that seems to spike every now and then.

5. Diarrhea - enough said...

6. Sore throat - so I know this is supposed to be a big tell tale sign or the swine flu but my throat has never been horribly sore. Every now and then it starts to sneak up on me and I think it might gets worse but it never does.

7. Runny nose - this is another come and go symptom but when it come it just drips.

8. Hard to breath - my body is so sore that breathing is painful. I feel like I can never get a lung full of air because it hurts too bad.

I think that's it. So all you Dr. Mom's out there, do I have swine flu? Sean has not let me leave the house so I don't contaminate anyone else. Not that I complain too much because I can't move very far as it is. I do need to go back to work at some point though. Is is something I should just suck it up and work through or am I justified in staying home so I don't get anyone else sick? What is the general consensus out there?

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Go to the Doctor DingleBerry! That's too many things wrong to just ignore and try to fight off on your own. I wouldn't go to work - you'd be so miserable and probably shouldn't be driving anyway - especially with the runs!!! No good! I'll keep you in my prayers. Make sure to eat some chicken soup!

Donna said...

I don't think it is swine flu. You have no cough. But I agree with Chelsea, see a doctor. and don't go to work. No one else wants it.

Ashley Smith said...

I would call your Dr's and tell them you are coming in and what you think you have so that maybe you won't have to wait (oh yeah you are in the states where you don't have to wait) Maybe find out if your employer is going to want a Dr's note while you are at it so you don't have to go back. If you have it they will put you on Tamaflu which should help your symptoms. I wouldn't go to work until you are better, you will feel like junk , SEAN has the right idea, hopefully he won't get it.