Monday, February 9, 2009

The Worst Sauce Ever!

We just ate dinner with the worst sauce ever. This was the first dinner here that I really just could not eat. It was so bad that I had to take a picture of it.I've been watching lots of cooking shows and reading cookbooks in the bookstore just around the corner because I want to try British food and one thing that I've seen a lot of is Watercress. I had no idea what the thing was so I looked it up and it is supposed to be some sort of "superfood" (that should have given it away) that is the oldest known leaf vegetable consumed by humans. People say it has a tangy, peppery flavor. Worth a try right? Wrong! This sauce was so horrible I really can not even describe it. Sean is such a good husband that he somehow ate it all. Now he says he isn't feeling so well though. The lesson we have learned from this is: stick with the curry. We have had curry for dinner just about every night for the last month. It is just so darn cheep and delicious. We eat dinner and have leftovers for under 3 pounds! You can't beat that. Stick with the curry.

No comments: